Meeting with Frans Timmermans
- How integrate trade, environment and development.
- USA/UE perspectives on energy transition: shared objectives but different methods. What impacts and how to tackle them?
- Securing deforestation as a necessary condition for unblocking Mercosur.
- Implications of Russian war in Ukraine call for reinforcing transformation towards sustainable agri-food systems rather than slowing down.
And an exchange of views on coming international meetings and events:
- Frans Timmermans meeting with the new Chinese government end of March.
- Antarctica waters protection conference (CCAMLR) in Chile on 19-23 June: an occasion to seize to unlock negotiations on creating new MPAs in Antarctica.
- Amazonian Summit in Brazil end of April.
- International finance system reform, in June in Paris, key to progress on tackling climate change.